Haygain HG 2002
Haygain HG 2002
Includes free delivery*
*For total orders over £100
Why not pay over 6 months? Find out more
- Weight: 84kg (hay container and 2 steam generators combined weight)
- Dimensions: L x 1449mm D x 815mm H x 750mm
- Comes with 2 generators
- Holds up to 50kg compressed bale or up to 45kg of hay or haylage
- Designed for use with compressed hay bales
- Includes wheels
- Steaming cycle from cold approximately 60 minutes, 2 x 2.9kW steam generators
- 8 litre capacity with safety features
The HG 2002 consists of a steam generator and an insulated, wheeled chest for ease of movement. It allows you to steam up to 50kg of compressed bale or up to 45kg of haylage. The hay chest allows very high temperatures to be reached (in excess of 100°C / 212ºF) which is critical to kill harmful mould spores and bacteria in hay. The HG 2002 steams forage in 60 minutes using its 2 x 2.9kW steam generators each with a water capacity of 8 litres, which is sufficient for two consecutive steaming cycles.
These steam generators feature a stainless steel boiler shell with a domed lid for optimum steam flow and consistent delivery, a robust heating element and offers safety thermal protection with a “run dry” alarm and warning light. The balanced integrated handle allows for easy rinsing of the unit while the location of the filler spout, with its brass safety release filler cap, prevents overfilling.
- Double-skinned and thermally insulated to reach and maintain the critically high temperatures required
- All fittings and fastenings are either brass or stainless steel, so will not corrode
- Weatherproof and UV protected
- Patent title: Apparatus for and Method of Steam Treating of Fodder (Official No 2454969 and 2477874)
- Made in the United Kingdom
*The number of horses the HG 2002 feeds is an approximate guide only based on portion size, compaction of hay, size of bale and number of steam cycles per day.
*** Haynet not included***